- Pentecost 23C_Luke 21 Sermon Audio November 18, 2019 Rev. Daniel T. Torkelson
- Digging In The Dirt October 3, 2019Some call it “Call Out Culture.” Some call it “Cancel Culture.” Whatever one may call it, our modern culture seems to enjoy digging up, listening to, and wallowing in, the dirt of people’s lives. Most of our modern news cycle is nothing more than that. Dirt, (or sometimes not really dirt), dug up, spun, reported, […]Rev. Daniel T. Torkelson
- You Can Always Pray September 4, 2019Hurricane Dorian is still moving up the Florida coast some 135 miles off of it…deciding if it wants to be a problem or not. So I will pray that it goes out and plays with the fish, rather than with the people of Florida and parts of Georgia. Yes. I will pray. I will pray […]Rev. Daniel T. Torkelson
- Be Careful What You Shout For May 16, 2019The old saying, in its least religious form, was “Be careful what you ask for, you just might get it.” Among Christians you hear it said this way: “Be careful what you pray for, you just might get it.” But in our increasingly polarized situation, the new adage might be: “Be careful what you shout […]Rev. Daniel T. Torkelson
- Ashes to Ashes and Dust to Dust: Why Lutherans Receive Ashes on Ash Wednesday March 3, 2019Originally posted on Life Through Lutheran Lenses: Many non-Lutherans wonder why their Lutheran friends or family members wear ashes on their forehead at the beginning of Lent. Are they showing off? Are they trying to stand out? Is it some weird secret church ritual? What does it mean? Should I get them too? There are…Rev. Daniel T. Torkelson
Sorry, there are no blog posts to show.