- Unforgiven February 25, 2021“So we too will sincerely forgive and gladly do good to those who sin against us” (Explanation to the Fifth Petition, Small Catechism).. Have you ever been unforgiven? Has it happened to you that you knew you had wronged someone, you went to them and apologized, and were not forgiven? I’ve learned over the years […]Rev. Daniel T. Torkelson
- Pretending To Be Someone We’re Not February 24, 2021As a child, I had a vivid imagination. I had started collecting comic books at a pretty young age while I was riding with my dad on his beer delivery route. Tuesdays were Koshkonong days, days he delivered to the establishments all around Lake Koshkonong near Fort Atkinson. That day always ended up at the […]Rev. Daniel T. Torkelson
- The Idol Of Current Events February 20, 2021“But Pastor, aren’t we supposed to stay up on the news?” You can imagine what I had told this poor woman just before she said this. I had told her to turn the news off. Her husband, standing right there, said “Thank you” when I said that. But behind her question was, I believe, a […]Rev. Daniel T. Torkelson
- YOU Need Lent! February 18, 2021A very concerned member here at St. John was conversing with me on the phone a couple of days after we tightened Covid protocols in mid-November. I know this person and her family to be what I occasionally refer to as “freedom fighters.” They have been concerned about the loss of freedoms due to the […]Rev. Daniel T. Torkelson
- Pentecost 23C_Luke 21 Sermon Audio November 18, 2019[soundcloud url="https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/714882421" params="auto_play=false&hide_related=false&visual=true&show_comments=true&show_user=true&show_reposts=false&color=ff5500" width="100%" height="300" iframe="true" /]Rev. Daniel T. Torkelson
Sorry, there are no blog posts to show.