- Ashes to Ashes and Dust to Dust: Why Lutherans Receive Ashes on Ash Wednesday March 3, 2019Originally posted on Life Through Lutheran Lenses: Many non-Lutherans wonder why their Lutheran friends or family members wear ashes on their forehead at the beginning of Lent. Are they showing off? Are they trying to stand out? Is it some weird secret church ritual? What does it mean? Should I get them too? There are…Rev. Daniel T. Torkelson
- #THEBETTERMESSAGE Coming in Lent! March 3, 2019Heb. 6 9 Though we speak in this way, yet in your case, beloved, we feel sure of better things—things that belong to salvation. In a world full of seemingly as many opinions, philosophies, religions, social constructs, and overall “positions” as there are people, one thing is making itself more clear to me by the day: […]Rev. Daniel T. Torkelson
- Silence Is Golden January 7, 2019I’m not a doer of New Year’s Resolutions. I stopped around ten years ago. Like many people, most of my resolutions did not make it out of January intact. It dawned on me about ten years ago that our Lutheran, Biblical teaching explains exactly why this failure happens to most of us. The Law is […]Rev. Daniel T. Torkelson
- The Truth Will Set Your Free–Sermon On John 8 for Reformation 2018 October 31, 2018 Rev. Daniel T. Torkelson
- Chicken Little – Lesson To Learn? BIG September 17, 2018The simple story of “Chicken Little” is known to most of us. Running around yelling “the sky is falling” repeatedly when it isn’t hurts your credibility and makes you an untrustable character. Or at least it should. I’m not sure this moral to the story is true today. Today brings just the latest example. Brett Kavanaugh […]Rev. Daniel T. Torkelson
Sorry, there are no blog posts to show.