- Hope Is Here May 1, 2018Matt. 24 32 “From the fig tree learn its lesson: as soon as its branch becomes tender and puts out its leaves, you know that summer is near. 33 So also, when you see all these things, you know that he is near, at the very gates. 34 Truly, I say to you, this generation will not pass […]Rev. Daniel T. Torkelson
- Too Bored To Care? March 12, 2018For many friends and acquaintances who are far too anxious these days… Are we living in consequential times? Or do we just think we are because we have nothing better to do? Over the last several months, I have noticed certain writers out there who have been advancing the argument that the world’s situation in […]Rev. Daniel T. Torkelson
- Good Works For Poorly Taught Christians (and Lutherans too) February 5, 2018Something saddens me. I’m not sure it always made me sad, but lately I have been more and more bothered by it. I have heard many stories over the years about how those who attend the “fun churches” often struggle with the subject of good works. Their consciences are bothered by questions of what good […]Rev. Daniel T. Torkelson
- Lutherans Love The World Enough To Tell It The Truth October 31, 2017The take on confessional Lutherans is best described in a poor choice of terms I have heard too many times in my 20+ years as a pastor. When talking about confessional Lutheran churches, the word “strict” is the incorrect word used to describe them. Having started my pastoral career in Iowa, and first heard the […]Rev. Daniel T. Torkelson
- Defending The Sinner? August 24, 2017It’s been another long (too long) period since I posted. I could invoke the standard “busy” excuse but I myself have had little sympathy for it. We’re all busy. There is an old saying, “Want to get something done? Ask a busy man.” So I won’t bore you with that old canard. In fact, the […]Rev. Daniel T. Torkelson
Sorry, there are no blog posts to show.