- Lutherans Love The World Enough To Tell It The Truth October 31, 2017The take on confessional Lutherans is best described in a poor choice of terms I have heard too many times in my 20+ years as a pastor. When talking about confessional Lutheran churches, the word “strict” is the incorrect word used to describe them. Having started my pastoral career in Iowa, and first heard the […]Rev. Daniel T. Torkelson
- Defending The Sinner? August 24, 2017It’s been another long (too long) period since I posted. I could invoke the standard “busy” excuse but I myself have had little sympathy for it. We’re all busy. There is an old saying, “Want to get something done? Ask a busy man.” So I won’t bore you with that old canard. In fact, the […]Rev. Daniel T. Torkelson
- Sacrifice, Homeschooling, And Parenting April 5, 2017Genesis 22:2 “Take your son, your only son Isaac, whom you love, and go to the land of Moriah, and offer him there as a burnt offering on one of the mountains of which I shall tell you.” It’s been a couple of months now since our oldest son, Matthew, learned he was accepted at […]Rev. Daniel T. Torkelson
- Pro-Life: What Does This Mean? January 6, 2017I think I was somewhat unwittingly drafted into the pro-life movement. Not unwillingly. Just unwittingly. I grew up in a Lutheran Christian household. My parents both agreed they were pro-life. I remember my dad saying a few disparaging things about Roe v. Wade when I was a kid. I would argue they were not passionately pro-life, […]Rev. Daniel T. Torkelson
- Advent 1 Midweek Homily–Of The Father’s Love, St. 1 December 13, 2016Of the Father’s love begotten Ere the worlds began to be, He is Alpha and Omega, He the source, the ending He, Of the things that are, that have been, And that future years shall see Evermore and evermore. LSB 384, St. 1 In the Name of the Father and of the Son and of […]Rev. Daniel T. Torkelson
Sorry, there are no blog posts to show.